Before you start our Easy video course, you may want to conform that you meet all of the defensive driving requirements in the state of Texas. Because there are a few different reasons to take the course, the eligibility requirements can vary based on your purpose.
For Ticket Dismissal
If you are taking our course to have your traffic ticket dismissed, you must meet the following defensive driving requirements:
- You must have a valid driver’s license.
- You must not hold a commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- Your violation must not be for speeding more than 25 MPH above the limit.
- You must plead guilty to the citation and have indicated to you court that you wish to attend a defensive driving course for dismissal.
- You may only take defensive driving to dismiss a traffic citation once every 12 months.
For an Auto Insurance Discount
If you are taking a defensive driving course for an auto insurance discount, speak to your insurance provider to determine which conditions you must meet. Typically, you should:
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Have a current auto insurance policy in the state of Texas.
- Confirm that your insurance provider offers the discount and meet any additional requirements they may have.
For Voluntary Purposes
If you are taking to course on a voluntary basis, you may take the course at any time. Many drivers take the program to improve their safety on the road. Parents often have their new teen drivers watch our educational videos to help reinforce safe driving tactics. Employers may also ask their employees to complete the course as an incentive. Whatever the reason, our course is always available if you need it.
If you have determined that you meet the defensive driving requirements for your purpose, you are set to go! Simply Sign Up for our fun video course and enjoy learning to be a better, safer driver!